“Monsters are all those emotions that you can not repress. “
SOLOMOSTRY was born in Milan, 1988.
Solomostry in Italian means “only monsters”. A monochrome monster composed of lines with imposing and staring eyes. Solomostry is not only the main character of the artist’s art works but also his alias. Solomostry has since obtained a degree in graphic design & art direction and works in his studio in Milan.
In Solomostry’s artistic practice the streets represent the place where he discovered a unique form of art as well as a kind of playground where he dares new techniques, tools and ideas without any rules. Freedom in the streets means a lot to him. Whereas in the studio he reflects and digests what he just experienced in the streets and tries to implement and manifest it his studio-based paintings.
Solomostry’s draws his inspiration from really everything that attracts his attention. He is inspired by the streets itself, its inhabitants, friends, loved-ones and rivals. He is convinced that, traveling but also information and sensory experience are the source of inspiration – always being continuous.
Text by Tania Di Brita
- “Sprayers” soloshow at Kolly gallery, curated by Tania di Brita, Zurich 2020.
- “Come impiattare” Group show, Lampo Gallery, curated by Giacomo Spazio, Santeria Toscana 31, Milano 2019.
- 1st Prize at “Swiss Original Handmade Creative Project” Milan, 2019.
- “SOLOMOSTRY VS VITOMANOLOROMA round 2” duo show at Istanbul Comics Festival, Istanbul 2019.
- “OUT SOON” Site specific istallation Micro Museo Monza, curated by Martinas Gallery, Monza 2019.
- “Summer Vibes” soloshow at Kolly gallery, curated by Tania di Brita, Zurich 2019.
- “Sto* disegnando” Group show, MerceMarcia Gallery, curated by Michael Rotondi, Livorno 2019.
- Dialoghi di strada #4″ Group show at Spazio C21, Reggio Emilia 2019.
- “Selezione Naturale” soloshow at Martinas Gallery, Giussano 2019.
- Group show “Street talks” Internazionali BNL d’ Italia, curated by ex-elettrofonica and Secondome Gallery, Roma 2019.
- Site specific istallation for “Nite Jogger launch party” Adidas Originals curated by Vice Italy, Milano 2019.
- “SOLOMOSTRY VS VITOMANOLOROMA round 1” duo show at Fiti shop and Art Gallery, Milano 2019.
- “Screening” soloshow at Kolly Gallery, curated by Tania Di Brita, Zurich 2019.
- “UNBOXING SLMSTRY” soloshow and site-specific at Lampo Gallery, curated by Giacomo Spazio, Milano 2018.
- “FCKFF” group show at Buzz Kill Gallery, curated by Francesco Perrotti, Livorno 2018.
- “Mixed Up” soloshow at ABFactory, curated by The Don Gallery and Andrea Concas, Cagliari 2018.
- “Solomostry showcase” soloshow at Urvanity Art Fair, curated by The Don Gallery, Madrid 2018.
- “Countdown” Istallation at Palazzo Pallavicini for SetUp Contemporary Art Fair, curated by Martina’s Gallery, Bologna 2018.
- “Toilet x Art” Group show, curated by Cha min-jung, Haewoojae Toilet Museum, Seoul 2017.
- Set Design for Destination Future, curated by Linecheck and IF! Italian Festival at Teatro Principe, Milano 2017.
- Live painting X VFTS launch debut at SOLEDXB, Dubai, 2017.
- Young prize at Artline contest, curated by Fondazione Campori, Soliera, 2017.
- “Mosh Pit ” Group Show, Galo Art Gallery, Torino, 2017.
- Serate Illuminate, Parco Arte Contemporanea 180, Livorno, 2017.
- TENEBRE, soloshow, curated by Francesco Perrotti, Buzz Kill Gallery, Livorno, 2017.
- C 41 Magazine Issue 4 “Rebellion”, book launch and soloshow, Premiata Berlin, 2017.
- C 41 Magazine Issue 4 “Rebellion”, book launch and soloshow, Oneblockdown Milano, 2017.
- Cross the Streets, curated by Paulo von Vacano, MACRO Museo d’ Arte Contemporanea Roma, 2017.
- Assedio, giorno 109, curated by Guerrilla Spam, Torino 2017.
- Floating Flag Exhibition, curated by Gram Publishing, Venezia 2017.
- Urvanity International New Contemporary Art Fair, with The Don Gallery, Madrid 2017.
- KRAMPUS, soloshow, curated by Giacomo Spazio, The Don Gallery, Milano 2017.
- Dal caso nasce cosa di Libri Finti Clandestini, collective show, curated by James Bradburne, Galleria Demetra, Milano 2016.
- S/VISTO, curated by Giacomo Spazio, collective show, Santeria Social Club, Milano 2016.
- QUADRICROMIE Festival, Camposanto 2016.
- TUTTOINUNAVOLTA, soloshow, curated by Giacomo Spazio, Add X to A, Milano 2016.
- Daily Dose by Guido Borso, book launch and collective show, The Don Gallery, Milano 2015.
- Redbull Canvas Cooler, Curated by MAD Agency, Milano Design Week, Milano 2012.
- NUOVI PROBLEMI, collective show, curated by NUOVI PROBLEMI, Santeria, Milano 2012.
- Vice italy
- C 41 Magazine
- Gorgo Magazine
- Adidas Originals
- Tequila Espolon
- Versus Versace
- Santeria Social Club
- Botanical Club
- Champagne Socialist
- MIAMI Festival